Of course the regular season is the part we’re all most excited about and waiting to see who will dominate the NFC East (because it’s one division that’s always up for grabs it seems). Until then, Dallas-Fort Worth fans can get in on the action early and get excited for the Dallas Cowboys open training camp practices taking place at The Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, August 20-28 (see full list of dates and times below).
Courtesy: Visit Frisco
BACK TO FOOTBALL
The week-long Back to Football event is a great way to ease back into the spirit of all things football. Here are a few reasons to check out these open practice dates at the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters:
- Back to Football events and open practices offer free admission and free parking (which we all know in the sport’s world is incredibly rare), but do keep in mind they are on a first-come, first-served basis, so plan ahead and get there early.
- Fans who have purchased the exclusive training camp t-shirt from JCPenney will receive MVP benefits such as a dedicated entrance, early entry into each practice and discounts at the concession stands.
- Training camp practices provide fans the opportunity to see current Dallas Cowboys players and coaches as they prepare for the 2018 season, getting back into the rhythm of football, learning new plays, welcoming (and pranking) the rookies, etc. If you’ve never been, it’s definitely a fun time.
- If you get there early or stay after practice finishes, you’ll have pretty good odds of snapping a photo with your favorite Cowboys player or even get an autograph (no guarantee, but usually the team is excited to be back in action and mingle with fans). Wear your favorite Cowboys gear, make signs, get into it; the players and coaches absolutely love it!
- The Back To Football event will offer interactive experiences on Tostitos Championship Plaza as well as retail and restaurant offers throughout The Star District in Frisco, so there will be lots to see and do (and eat)!
Not only will the event be offering specials at nearby restaurants and stores, but it will be incredibly family-friendly—hosting activations to include live music and other activities fit for the whole family. Each day’s activations will vary, so be sure to check here for specifics.
COWBOYS OPEN PRACTICE DATES
Also, don’t forget to save these dates and times on your calendar for the team’s five open practices at The Ford Center, and remember, GET THERE EARLY!
- Monday, August 20: 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 21: 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 23: 11:00 a.m.
- Friday, August 24: 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 28: 11:00 a.m.
Ok, now who else is even more excited for football season? The Cowboys first preseason home game is August 18 against the Bengals, and they kick off their regular season home opener on September 16 against division rival New York Giants for Sunday Night Football.
Featured Image Courtesy: Visit Frisco